Thursday, May 12, 2011

Busan, home for the next month

Many things have happened within the past month:
1) finished exams! (waiting for results now >.<)
2) flew to Korea that same day
3) traveled in Seoul, Busan and Jeju
4) moved into my homestay place in Busan

I'm currently in my Busan homestay, just moved in yesterday so spent the day settling down and stuff. My homestay mum's really nice! Plus she cooks (: maybe I can learn some dishes from her, so I can cook them myself when I go back to Singapore haha (:

She's got 3 daughters, 8, 6 and 3-years old. Pretty terrifying lot, they're SUPER energetic! And itchy fingers. The eldest one opened up my polaroid camera, so don't think that stack of films can be used anymore =( I'll just keep my cameras away from her sight. sobs. Hai kids will be kids. But otherwise, it's been pretty nice here! It's been rainy the past few days, so haven't had a chance to go out to explore yet. Managed to get more Korean books here so I still have stuff to do (: Tomorrow's forecast looks good! Maybe I'll take a trip to Haeundae Beach (:

I know I was supposed to update on the Intermediate Korean grammar book but my exams kept me busy, so I haven't actually had time to look through it. Photocopied it though, so I have the hard copy at home. Will update as soon as I check it out, but it'll probably only be in around 2 months time =/

Last Sunday was Parent's Day in Korea. Took the day to check out the Hangang bridges while I was in Seoul, since I didn't have chance previously. Saw many families gathered at Hangang parks having picnics under trees, and playing with water fountains (: Somehow, I don't remember doing that when I was young. But it felt really good to see them enjoying (: Walked for an entire day and managed to conquer half the bridges, tiring but definitely worth it! (: Here are some of them (:


YangHwa Bridge (양화대교)


Seogang Bridge (서강대교)


Cheonho Bridge (천호대교)


Mapo Bridge (마포대교)


Olympic Bridge (올림픽대교)


Cheonho and Olympic Bridges at night (:


Banpo Bridge (반포대교)


Banpo Bridge (반포대교)

5 comments:

  1. wow. looks like u are having loads of fun there! :D :D i'm still in the midst of exams. boo. ):
    meet up when u are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup we must! and jiayou for your exams! =) it'll be over real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. waa~~ Are you taking a language program? Where?

    Hope the best for your exam result and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i'm not actually! i'm just doing my grad trip here (: i would've taken if the dates matched, but this period happens to be in between the spring and summer semesters so i couldn't take them =( but i'm still learning loads just by being here! (:

    thanks! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi^^
    Stumbled upon your blog after finding about learning Korean. Great blog! and I miss Seoul!! hehe..

    ReplyDelete